Click here to book a free visit! If you aren't sure how naturopathic medicine can help you, book a complimentary 15 minute “meet the doctor” visit with Dr. Jennifer Haessler, ND. There’s no charge!
What should you expect from a visit?
Like many of the services at Maple Shores Health Centre, Naturopathic Medicine aims to determine and address the root cause of your symptoms. Before your first visit, you will be asked to fill out detailed intake forms. The first visit will be approximately 60 minutes in length. It will involve taking a detailed history, performing a physical exam (checking your blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration rate, weight, thyroid, heart and lungs, as well as any other exams particular to your concerns), possibly ordering some lab testing, and getting you started with a treatment plan aimed towards helping you reach your health goals.
Follow up visits are typically 4-6 weeks after the initial visit and are 30 minutes long, but may be scheduled more frequently depending on your particular condition. Your vitals will be checked at these visits, which provide an opportunity to monitor your progress and determine if your treatment plan needs to be adjusted. If acupuncture or bowen therapy is recommended, visits are suggested weekly for the first few sessions, and then spread out every few weeks as your condition improves. Long term, it is a good idea to come in yearly to check blood work, and make sure that you are on the path to optimal health. The treatment plan that is best for your particular health concerns will be discussed with you at your visits.
What types of health problems can be treated with Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopaths help with a wide array of health concerns, including:
- Allergies & Environmental Sensitivities
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure), High Cholesterol, Atherosclerosis
- Heart Problems
- Digestive Disorders, Constipation, IBS
- Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cystitis, Prostatitis, Impotence
- Colds and Flu
- Ear and Throat Infections
- Intestinal Upset
Women’s Health Issues
- Menopausal Problems
- PMS, Menstrual Disorders
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- Enhancing Health in Pregnancy
- Endometrioses, Uterine Fibroids
- Weight management
- Mental or Emotional Stress
- Anxiety, Depression
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
What might the treatment involve?
As a licensed Naturopathic Doctor, Dr. Jennifer Haessler, ND has been trained in all of the following modalities.
- Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine - a combination of acupuncture using sterile, disposable needles, with diet and herbal formulas to balance the flow of chi (energy) through the body and correct physical imbalances. Read more... Acupuncture Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Clinical Nutrition - examines the relationship between diet and health, and uses diets and supplements from researched protocols to treat a variety of conditions.
In order to ensure you have access to the highest quality supplements available, the Haessler Naturopathic dispensary stocks only professional lines of nutritional supplements. These companies test their products to ensure the highest standards of purity and effectiveness.
- Botanical (Herbal) Medicine - the use of plants, individually and in combinations, for healing which dates back to ancient civilization and is the foundation of modern pharmacology.
- Homeopathic Medicine - uses small doses of plant, animal and mineral substances to stimulate the body’s self-healing abilities.
- FirstLine Therapy and Healthy and Active Programs- therapeutic lifestyle programs that provides individualized treatment plans to achieve healthy weight management and reduce disease risks. They use computerized body composition testing, various blood tests, as well as guidance with diet, exercise, stress management and nutritional supplementation to help achieve these health goals.